All Hazards Preparedness
The HCMHRSB plays an integral part in Hamilton County’s plan for behavioral health response preparedness for disasters and terrorist events.
The Board’s disaster preparedness efforts include:
- Collaborating with the American Red Cross to provide assistance with mental health counseling, crisis support, and stress management for the general population and persons with behavioral health disorders. Crisis Teams coordinated by Talbert House and the Mobile Crisis Team will provide services at predetermined shelters.
- Providing information about procedures for obtaining medication and support
- Providing information to mental health providers about the disaster or terrorist event and ways to assist their clients
- Working with the Mental Health Access Point in referring or reconnecting individuals to services
- Working with contracted adult care facilities to maintain stability for those clients